Call for Artists!
PS Medical Center Art Wall
It is time for another installation on the Pagosa Springs Medical Center’s art wall. All local and regional artists are invited! PSMCF has provided a locking hanging system and PSAC will supervise all installations. The hospital is also providing insurance. However, artists will be required to sign an agreement holding PSAC and PSMCF harmless.
The artwork will be available for purchase to the general public and all purchases will be handled directly through the artist. You may also submit works you wish to have displayed only. While we’re not charging a submission fee, we encourage accepted artists to consider donating 20% of their PSMCF Artist Wall sales proceeds to Pagosa Springs Arts Council.
Submission requirements and details are as follows below. Please feel free to share this information with any artists that may have not been included. We encourage you to visit our website, www.ps-artscouncil.org (http://www.ps-artscouncil.org/) for complete submission requirements and information on future events.
* Hang date: Friday, January 18, 2019.
* Hang location: Artist Wall in new edition of the Pagosa Springs Medical Center
* Cost to submit: Free
* Submission deadline: January 4, 2019
* Art delivery date:, Thursday, January 17, 2019
* All styles accepted as long as they meet the criteria submission
* All mediums including photography are acceptable. However, submissions of fabric, tapestry or works that are not painted or photographed must be encased in glass or acrylic due to cleaning and health requirements.
* Submissions must not include photographs or paintings of any subject matter such as weapons, excessive amounts of red, which may be deemed offensive or are not in keeping with an elevating/healing environment. Remember this is for display at the hospital and many times people are there under traumatic situations. Red can remind a person of blood so care should be taken in submitting works with lots of red. PSAC has the right to reject any art that does not fit these parameters, but is wide open to any and all subject themes.
* All art must be suitable for family viewing.
* Art must be wired for hanging; no saw teeth.
* A maximum of 2 paintings per artist will be selected for the installation.
* If art is not professionally framed, then it must be gallery wrapped.
* Based on the size of your submission, we may be able to select only one piece as space is limited.
* Any artwork sold will have the proceeds go to the artist, and the work can be taken by the purchaser or donated to the PSMC for their permanent collection.
* Please email digital submissions of up to three pieces in “jpg” or “jpeg” format to email@example.com.
* Please use the byline ‘Call to Artist Submission’ in the email reference subject line. Please name each of your file submissions with the name of your piece and your name. In addition, within the submission’s email text, please list each piece separately as follows: artist last name, artist first name, title of piece, medium, size, and retail price. Artists please also include your name, address, and phone contact within the message text.
* For more information, please visit our website www.ps-artscouncil.org (http://www.ps-artscouncil.org/) or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists will receive notification of acceptance by January 14, 2019. If your submissions are accepted you must be prepared to have your pieces on display in the new addition hospital space for at least three months, from January 18, 2019 through approximately March 22, 2019. Artist pickup of unsold pieces must be on the morning of March 21, 2019 so new pieces can be hung. There is no storage available so please make arrangements for pick up on that date. Art left longer than 30 days will become the property of the Pagosa Springs Medical Center.
No artwork will be accepted by mail or shipment at the hospital but can be sent via UPS or FedEx to Two Old Crows Gallery (468 Lewis St PS, CO 81147) at your expense. Two Old Crows will package and return your work to you via the same shipping method you used, also at your expense.
The Pagosa Springs Medical Center and the Pagosa Springs Arts Council are excited to include Pagosa Springs and the surrounding area artists in the rotating art display. The Center believes that art is both healing and distracting for patients and their families during trying times. In that context, art submissions need not be limited to any one theme or style. We are happy to accept both contemporary works as well as traditional pieces.
Copyright © 2018 Pagosa Springs Arts Council
All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Pagosa Springs Arts Council
P.O. Box 5852
Pagosa Springs, CO 81147